Best Hamilton Beach Skillet - Guide and Reviews
There are a lot of good brands for skillets, but Hamilton Beach has long been considered as belonging to the cream of the crop.
The company has manufactured a lot of quality cookware through the years and trying to figure out which among them is the best Hamilton Beach skillet is going to take time and effort.
If you don’t fancy going through all those Hamilton Beach frying pans, there’s no need to as I’ve got the best they have to offer in the following reviews. I have also included a few tips to help you find the right one for your kitchen.
1. Hamilton Beach 25360 Indoor Flavor/Searing Grill
The Indoor Flavor/Searing Grill promises moist, tender meat, and that is exactly what you get.
The grill generates sufficient heat to sear and release meat juices and flavor and cools to the appropriate temperature to grill.
The end result of all this is tender, juicy meat. Like the other Hamilton Beach grills, the 25360 is easy to clean. There is no need to do any grill scrubbing as the nonstick cooking grids are removable.
Just take them off, put in the dishwasher and you’re done cleaning. There’s enough space on the cooking surface for 3 to 4 pieces of chicken or steak, and the drip tray does a good job catching grease.
Controlling the temperature is easy too as the knob can be adjusted from 200 to 400 F. If we had to nitpick the Indoor Flavor/Searing Grill, it would be that it doesn’t get as hot as other searing grills, but it does get the job done as far as searing and grilling are concerned.
Unlike other searing grills the 25360 doesn’t produce as much smoke so it’s not going to set off your smoke alarm.
- Temperature control is adjustable
- Searing capability
- Nonstick plate is removable
- Drip tray is dishwasher safe
2. Hamilton Beach 38546 3-in-1 Grill/Griddle
The 3-in-1 Grill/Griddle provides 3 in 1 cooking, and its cooking plates are removable, reversible and nonstick.
The cooking plates are easy to use and provide a 180 square inch cooking surface.
There are two cooking areas provided, and the controls make it easy to set the heat. Even if you prepare a good sized meal, the tray and grease channel gets rid of the fat and minimizes the mess.
As a 3 in 1 the 38546 excels as it cooks veggies, fish, lean meats, boneless chicken, burgers and more. Now if you’d rather use the griddle, it’s just as easy to make seared scallops, French toast, eggs or pancakes.
Once you’re done cooking just put the grease tray and cooking plates in a dishwasher. The 3-in-1 Grill/Griddle is well-designed, but it does take up more space than other grills like it.
However it isn’t by much, and when you consider all the features it’s worth it. Because you can use it as a griddle, grill or grill / griddle combo it’s versatile enough to take the place of other cookware you may have.
- Removable grid
- Dishwasher safe
- Double sided grills provide multiple cooking methods
- Reversible grids
3. Hamilton Beach 26047 Ceramic Breakfast Skillet
The 26047 skillet is great for serving up breakfast, lunch and other meals any time of the day.
This is a compact skillet ideal for one or two people and can be used in kitchens, camping, RVs or anyplace you need a skillet that doesn’t occupy a lot of space.
When you’re done using it the handle folds to save more space. The Ceramic Breakfast Skillet has been specially designed so you can brown food on the lid and bottom.
This ensures food is cooked quickly and evenly. This isn’t a fancy skillet but it’s perfect for those on the go: if you need a quick breakfast, use the Ceramic Breakfast Skillet to make a quick eggs and bacon.
The cooking plates have ceramic coating so it’s nonstick. With other skillets it’s going to take a while to clean up and gets messy. Food release is quick and the construction is several times better than other compact skillets.
And if you’re worried about PFOA and PTFE there’s no need to be because the Ceramic Breakfast Skillet doesn’t have them.
- Cooking plates are ceramic coated and dishwasher safe
- Browning control is adjustable
- Cooks meals in 10 minutes
- PFOA and PTFE free
4. Hamilton Beach 25332 Easy-Clean Indoor Grill
One of the best Hamilton Beach skillet available, the 25332 Easy Clean lives up to its name.
Once you’re done grilling, remove the nonstick grids and place them in the dishwasher, so it doesn’t get any easier than that.
If you’ve had experience with non- removable grills you know how hard they are to clean. The 25332 Easy Clean grill comes with a 15 minute timer and in many cases this is just right for hotdogs, burgers, chicken and medium thick steaks.
There is a stay-on option for the timer too. The claim that the 25332 Easy Clean cooks most foods in less than 10 minutes is accurate though it may take longer for extra crispy bacon.
A few have complained about the nonstick coating coming off, but most consumers are happy with the 25332, and the design is really good.
The drip tray is positioned in such a way you won’t accidentally hit it, and emptying is easy. The lid can be swung 180 degrees, allowing you to cook in an open grill.
- Cooks food in less than 10 minutes
- 110 inch nonstick grill surface
- Grids are detachable and dishwasher safe
- Open grill setup possible
5. Hamilton Beach 25451 Indoor Grill
The 25451 is made from stainless steel, and with a cooking surface of 85 inches, there is enough space to cook half a dozen burgers at the same time.
The cooking grid is nonstick so it’s not hard to clean up, and the components are safe to use in a dishwasher.
The floating grid is one of the more innovative features on the 25451 as it keeps boneless fish or meat from being crushed.
In spite of the size the grill is easy to use and more manageable than other clumsy grills. Of course it all comes down to the food, and whether it’s fish, burgers, hotdogs etc.
they’ll come out tasting as if it were grilled outdoors. This is one of the top indoor grills today, but it’s not without disadvantages.
It doesn’t have a temperature control for one, but the quality of the grill is top notch and the drip tray does a nice job of keeping everything clean. This is not a fancy grill, but it doesn’t have to be to make delicious grilled food.
- Constructed from durable stainless steel
- Parts are dishwasher safe
- Cooking grids are nonstick
- 85 inch cooking surface
Tips for Buying
Skillets are not made equal, and you’ll want to make sure yours is of the highest quality.
- High quality: Stainless steel skillets are of high quality, and they’re also resistant to scratches. There are however, a growing number of skillets made from anodized aluminum or black enamel.
- Durability: nobody wants to spend money on a poorly made skillet, so buy one that is solidly built.
- Easy to Clean: how easy is the skillet to clean up? Is it dishwasher safe? Does the package say you wash it by hand? If you’ve been working all day the last thing you want is to spend it cleaning. However you must not put the skillet in a dishwasher unless it is explicitly stated in the package that it’s allowed.
- Read the Warranty: warranty length can be just a few months to lifetime. Take the time to read the warranty coverage so you know what is and is not covered. You should also look at the refund policy of the retailer where you purchased the item from.
- The Handles: you’ll be spending a lot of time holding the skillet so it needs to be comfortable. You will want a firm grip but it shouldn’t wear you out even when held for long periods.
The advice given above can also be applied to some grills. In addition to what I’ve already mentioned, consider the cooking surface as well. A large cooking surface offers more cooking options, but it is going to have a large footprint. You have to decide whether you need the extra capacity or not.
Because the name Hamilton Beach is well-known, some are tempted to buy just any model. However that’s not a good idea because the company makes a wide range of frying pans and skillets, each with their own unique functions.
Only if you know the features of the best skillets can you make the right decision. That’s why I created this review guide. There is no one single best Hamilton Beach skillet, but all five of the ones we mentioned here qualify for it.
If you’re tired of that old skillet which keeps getting scratched, I suggest you try one of these and see the difference.