Best Non Stick Electric Fry Pan - Guide and Reviews
Buying a nonstick frying pan can be challenging to say the least. There are a lot of products with all kinds of gimmicks which make it hard to distinguish fact from hard sell.
If you’re looking for the best non stick electric fry pan there’s no need to look further as I have compiled a list of the top non stick skillets today.
Frying pans may look the same but they’re not. The quality of the frying pan directly affects the taste of the food you’re cooking, so don’t just buy any skillet you see.
Let’s let’s take a look at these skillets and what they have to offer.
1. Presto 06852 16-Inch Electric Skillet
If you need a 16 inch skillet to cook large quantities of food, the 06852 is worthy of consideration.
Apart from the large cooking area, the 06852 is 3 inches deep so you can place a lot of food in it.
Presto is known for their versatile cookware and the 06852 is no exception as it fries, roasts, bakes and stews with ease.
There is temperature / heat control so your cooking is precise, and the tempered glass lid allows you to see your food as it is being cooked.
Heavy cast aluminum provides stability and durability, and as many customers have noted it is presentable enough to be used for serving. Rather than get a separate server buffet you can use this instead. One of the questions that’s going to come up with 16 inch pans is the space they use.
Under ordinary circumstances that is an issue, but the 06852 is versatile and can take the place of other kitchen appliances so it’s really a space saver. Besides the size, the 06852 earns high marks for its efficiency.
- 16 inch cooking surface
- Can be used as a server buffet
- Heat control is provided
- Energy efficient design
2. Rival CKRVSK11 11-Inch Square Electric Skillet
The Rival CKRVSK11 combines ease of use with flexibility for delicious and healthy meals.
Its nonstick surface guarantees quick release of food so there’s no need to use a lot of oil or butter.
The side walls – an important feature in frying pans – ensure the ingredients don’t spill over as you cook. Tempered glass lids are standard in Rival cookware and it’s nicely implemented here.
Aside from giving you a bird’s eye view of the food, it also keeps heat trapped as well as nutrients, moisture and flavors. Along with the steam vent and always-cool knob, it’s easy to keep track of your cooking progress.
One of the keys to precise pan frying is the temperature, and the CKRVSK11 comes with a removable, side mounted heat controller.
If you’re going to use the frying pan as a server or want to clean it up, just remove the temperature control. Style wise the CKRVSK11 holds up well when compared to others too.
Bottom line: this frying pan / buffet server is the ideal companion for cooking, dinner and gatherings. It may not be as spacious as a 16 inch, but for regular cooking needs this is enough.
- Non stick coating cooking surface
- Cool to touch transport handles
- Temperature control is adjustable
- Dishwasher safe
3. MaxiMatic EFS-400 Elite Cuisine 7-Inch Non-Stick Electric Skillet
The MaxiMatic EFS-400 is the ideal solution if you just need a compact frying pan to bring along when you’re camping.
However this isn’t just for camping as it’s also perfect for preparing solitary meals at home or if you just make small servings.
The MaxiMatic EFS-400 has a capacity of 32 oz. and since nothing sticks on the cooking surface it’s easy to clean up. For your convenience the knob is cool-touch and offers temperature control.
As a compact frying pan it’s very capable of making eggs, pancakes, bacon and other food. The only drawback with the MaxiMatic EFS-400 is its size.
With a 7 inch cooking surface it might be too small for a large camping group. But for a single person or two, this is the ideal companion for that road trip. The MaxiMatic EFS-400 is also great for frequent travelers.
If you go to certain locations where sanitation may be a concern, you can bring this with you to ensure the food is safely prepared.
- Temperature control is adjustable
- Locking handle is removable for quick cleanup
- 32 0z. capacity
- Cool touch knob included with tempered glass lid
4. Oster CKSTSKFM12W-ECO DuraCeramic Electric Skillet
Measuring 12 x 12 inches, the CKSTSKFM12W is ideal for cooking small or large meals.
It is also free from PFOA and PTFE so all the foods you prepare here are clean and healthy.
The frying pan also has a tempered glass lid so you see what’s going on with the food.
The touch handles is cool to touch, making it more convenient to use. There is also a steam vent for even cooking, and it’s one of the more versatile frying pans available: it’s great for frying but you can also use it for browning meats.
Performance wise the CKSTSKFM12W is one of the most efficient as it helps you prepare meals without requiring a standard stove. A few reviewers say the CKSTSKFM12W develops black rings, but majority of customers are happy with it.
For most, the proprietary Dura Ceramic nonstick surface coating works well and prevents peels and flakes. Finally the frying pan comes with an adjustable temperature controller which you can remove when cleaning the pan.
- Cooking time is 20% faster than regular frying pans
- PFOA and PTFE free
- Has a tempered glass lid
- Dura Ceramic coating is four times stronger than regular ceramic
5. De'Longhi BG45 Electric Skillet
If you’re on the lookout for the best non stick electric fry pan the De'Longhi BG45 should be on top your considerations list.
Chief among its features is the embedded heat element as it ensures cooking is quick without sacrificing any flavors.
With its nonstick surface, cleaning up afterwards is a breeze, and it is dishwasher safe too. Just put the lid and the base in the dishwasher and you’ll have the De'Longhi BG45 cleaned up in no time.
The steam vent holes are adjustable so steam evaporates, and it’s versatile enough to be used for making breakfast, lunch and other meals. The De'Longhi BG45 is a very capable frying pan.
Food is cooked nicely thanks to even heat distribution, and the tempered glass lid is as functional as it is stylish. With the lid food is kept warm and juicy so you can serve it as if it’s just been cooked.
A detachable thermostat is included for precision and tasty cooking. 11.5 inches wide, 3 inches deep and 15 inches long, this is a spacious frying pan.
- Cooking surface nonstick
- Comes with a thermostat
- Stem vent holes are adjustable
- Green and chemical free construction
Tips for Using a Nonstick Electric Frying Pan
- Remember that a nonstick pan is the best choice anytime you have to cook eggs or something sticky.
- Some nonstick pans don’t respond well to high heat so whenever possible go with low to medium heat. Doing this will help prolong the coating.
- Even if the surface is non scratch, you should only use wooden or nylon utensils to avoid damaging the surface.
- Stainless steel frying pans are for you if you like to use metal utensils. They’re also great for browning meats, stir fry, and for preparing pan sauces. Stainless steel pans are not as heavy as cast iron.
- Some frying pans can be heavy because they have aluminum or other types of metal pressed between stainless steel. However the extra weight does result in more even cooking. If even cooking is what you’re after pay close attention to the frying pan’s construction.
- Always follow the instructions given for cleanup. One of the reasons why some frying pans get stain or peel is improper cleaning. Read the box and verify if it is safe for dishwasher use, and only then should you use it. Even those that are dishwasher safe require you to remove the heat / temperature probe.
A few words about buying a frying pan: for health reasons make sure it’s free from BPA, PFOA and PTFE, and take note of its versatility. If all you’re going to do is fry then a basic skillet will do. But if you’re into stir frying, roast, steam, bake and so on, versatility is of paramount importance.
Non stick pans are fun to use. The make cooking easy, a breeze to clean up and they’re durable enough to be used on a daily basis.
However it’s only going to work the way you want if the frying pan is up to par. Hopefully with the information here you’ll be a more informed consumer. With this list you can have your pick of the best non stick electric fry pan for your kitchen.
With any of the frying pans reviewed here you’re guaranteed to have an easy time cooking your favorite meals.