Best Stainless Steel Electric Skillet - Guide and Reviews
Buying the best stainless steel electric skillet is going to serve your cooking needs for the long term. One of the more frequent issues brought up against ordinary skillets is how quickly they wear out and leave stains, but with stainless steel these will cease to be a concern.
There are a lot of skillets with stainless steel properties, but there are other elements you need to look into.
If you’re not sure which skillet to buy, this guide can give you a hand. I have gone through the various skillets available online and picked out the cream of the crop.
1. Electric Skillet by Culina® 18/10 Stainless Steel
The Culina 12 inch electric skillet comes with simple but effective controls, a robust design and mirrored finish.
Apart from the generous cooking capacity the Culina is easy to clean.
You just need to adjust the temperature from 225 to 425 F as desired, then an indicator light goes on to tell you that the pan is ready for cooking.
With the Culina you can set the temperature low enough to prepare delicate dishes, or set it high for stir fry. Since the temperature remains consistent there is little chance the food gets burned.
Furthermore you can see the being cooked via the glass lid. When you’re finished cooking, remove the plug and serve the food. The nonstick cooking surface is PTFE/PFOA free and it is UL approved.
The feet are also rubberized so it doesn’t slip or move as you cook. As for the stainless construction it is of the highest quality, and the handles are cool to touch and the grip is firm even if you’re using oven mitts.
- Nonstick cooking surface for easy cleanup
- Temperature control range is from 225 F to 425 F
- PFOA and PTFE free for healthy cooking
- High quality 18/10 stainless steel
2. Precise Heat 16-Inch Rectangular Surgical Stainless Steel Electric Skillet
The Precise Heat electric skillet is the one you can depend on for large family meals, as its 16" x 11" x 2 1/4" capacity makes it easy to cook a lot of foods at the same time.
The skillet also has insulated handles so you don’t hurt yourself, and the nonslip feet make cooking safe.
The stainless steel cover preserves the warmth and also serves as protection for storage. There are a lot of other things that can be said about Precise Heat, but above everything else it is heavy duty.
For its size the skillet is still easy to clean as you just need to use a few cups of hot water and wipe the surface with a sponge. For some people the Precise Heat pan may be too large, but it’s really convenient because you can cook food you’ll eat later.
Whether you want to fry chicken or steam some veggies the Precise Heat will satisfy your requirements. If you love to cook large quantities, this is a good choice as it is easy to use, versatile and dependable.
- Cooking surface is 100% stainless steel
- Made for heavy duty cooking
- Easy to clean
- Large capacity
3. Aroma Housewares AFP-1600S Gourmet Series Stainless Steel Electric Skillet
The AFP-1600S is 2 inches deep and 12 inches long, providing sufficient capacity for cooking several pieces of chicken or other foods.
The skillet is made of 18/10 stainless steel and has impact bonding for uniform heating.
There’s also temperature control built in so you can adjust the temperature from 225 to 425 F. We all want to see how our food is being cooked, and with the glass tempered lid you see what happens inside the skillet.
Design wise the AFP-1600S bears a strong resemblance to classic skillets but it comes with the convenience of modern technology.
As with any skillet the key is in the heating, and here, the aluminum is set between two stainless steel layers.
It is this design that ensures heating is even, and it’s very easy to change the settings. Unlike other skillets the AFP-1600S cannot be submerged for cleaning.
The lid handle generates heat, but if you use a pot holder you can remove it. By and large this is a very well made skillet that cooks food the way you want it.
- Can be used for cooking and serving
- Glass lid allows for convenient viewing
- Adjustable temperature control
- Provides even heating
4. Electric Skillet by Cucina Pro - 18/10 Stainless Steel
The Cucina Pro is 16 inches in diameter, which makes it one of the largest ones available.
You can easily cook food for up to four people simultaneously, saving you considerable time.
Design wise the Cucina Pro is comprised of 18/10 stainless steel so it is built to last. The interior heats rapidly and is evenly cooked, and you also receive a temperature probe for complete control as you cook.
The glass lid is tempered for extra durability, and it traps heat in for even cooking. In addition to this you can see what’s happening inside the skillet, so you know what’s happening.
Combine this with precision temperature control and you’ll have food just the way you want it. Another nice thing about the Cucina Pro is the riveting handles as they’re tightly attached.
To clean you just use a moist paper towel or wash it by hand. Unlike those with nonstick coating that eventually flake off, the Cucina Pro does not so it’s going to last much longer.
Whether it’s chicken, pork chops, breaded zucchini or other dishes, the Cucina Pro 16” is up to the task.
- Quality 18/10 stainless steel
- 16” cooking surface
- Locks heat in for even cooking
- Very safe to use
5. CHEFS Stainless Steel Electric Skillet
If you love big sized meals you’re going to love the CHEFS. At a massive 16 inches you can fry, roast, sear, braise or sauté foods in large quantities.
Powered by 1700 watts, its tri-ply, impact bonded base is 18/8 stainless-steel, and no matter how you cook the result is always even.
Because of its size you can use the CHEFS to prepare king sized meals any time of the day, and the generous capacity means flavors circulate more evenly.
There’s a removable probe and thermostat that allows you to adjust the temperature from 225 F to 425 F. Even the handles are oversized so you can grip the skillet comfortably even with mitts.
With its size there’s not a lot to complain about, except that some may find it too large. But if you need a large skillet, the CHEFS is the ideal solution.
Whether it’s slow cooking or deep frying you don’t have to be concerned of lack of space. In spite of the size the CHEFs is easy to clean up. With a height of 4 inches, it’s just right for wide range of meals.
- Dishwasher safe
- 16 inch cooking capacity
- 1700 watt power
- Probe and thermostat included
Features to Look for When Buying an Electric Skillet
An electric skillet can make cooking easier – and your meals more delicious – if it comes with the right features.
- Heat Resistant Handles: no need for any elaborate explanation. If the handle is heat resistant you don’t have to use oven mitts, and it reduces the risk of accidental burning of your hands.
- Adjustable Steam Vent: an adjustable steam vent prevents liquid spills. If the skillet doesn’t have a feature like this, pressure is going to build and cause the liquid to leak along the skillet’s sides.
- Easy to Clean: this too doesn’t need a lot of attention. Some stainless steel frying pans don’t have a nonstick surface but that doesn’t mean they’re hard to clean up. The good thing is most of the popular skillets just require hot water to remove the residue.
- Glass Lids: glass lids are staples in many skillets as it allows you to see your food as it’s cooked. This means you don’t have to remove the lid just to check on its progress. Another reason to get a skillet with a glass lid is it keeps the heat trapped, ensuring smooth cooking.
- Waterproof: if possible you should look for a water resistant skillet as they’re more durable.
- Drainage Spouts: drainage spouts makes it easy to pour liquid, grease or broth, simplifying food preparation.
- Locking Lid: if there’s a lid on the lock you will have an easier time carrying the food. This is especially handy if you’re going to use the skillet as a buffet server.
Today’s skillets come with many other features, but the ones I mentioned above are the most important.
Electric skillets have become more common than ever, and while this is good news for consumers, it can be difficult as they pretty much claim to do the same thing.
However not all of them are capable of handling the rigors of heavy frying and cooking. The only recourse you had in the past was to research each product, but that takes way too much time.
That’s why I prepared this guide for the best stainless steel electric skillet so you can find the one that suits you. If you can’t wait to try your hand at some frying, I suggest you try one of these skillets today.