Carrots and Parsnips
Eat on their own or accompany a main course.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾lb (350g) parsnips, peeled, cut into ½” cubes
- ¾lb (350g) medium carrots, peeled, cut into ½” cubes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary or ¼ teaspoon dried
- ⅓ cup vegetable or chicken broth, or water
- Salt and pepper
- 2 finely chopped cloves garlic.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat oil and butter at Warm setting until butter is melted.
- Add parsnips and cook at 350°F (175°C) for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add carrots and cook until parsnips and carrots are brown and almost tender, about 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat to 200°F (95°C).
- Add broth and rosemary and simmer, covered, until vegetables are just tender, about 3 minutes. Uncover.
- Increase heat to 275°F (135°C); boil until liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in lemon juice, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
More recipes here.