Chicken Chow Mein for Electric Skillet
Nice tasty chicken chow mien from the electric skillet.
- 4 x boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch (2.5cm) pieces
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 x 8oz (250mg) can mushrooms, undrained
- 1 x 16oz (500mg) can bean sprouts, undrained
- 2 x 8oz (250mg) cans sliced water chestnuts
- 1 x cup sliced onion
- 2 x cups sliced celery
- 1 x tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 x tablespoons cornstarch
- Heat the oil in skillet to 350°F (180°C).
- Add chicken and brown all sides.
- Add remaining ingredients except the soy sauce and the cornstarch.
- Turn heat control down until pilot light goes out.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Mix the soy sauce and the cornstarch.
- Stir the mix into the chow mein to thicken.
- Serve over cooked rice or noodles.