Fried Chicken for Electric Skillet
- 2½lb to 3lb (1.1kg to 1.4kg) chicken breast, washed and cut into small cubes
- ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix the flour, paprika, salt and pepper in a dish.
- Heat oil in electric skillet to 350°F (175°C).
- Cover and mix chicken with flour mix.
- Cook the chicken in oil until light brown for up to 20 minutes.
- Turn heat down to 170°F (75°C).
- Cover and simmer until thickest pieces are fork tender, about another 30 to 40 minutes.
- Turn chicken regularly to ensure even cooking.
- If any oil in the bottom of skillet starts to burn, add a little water.
- Remove cover for the last 5 minutes of cooking to crisp chicken.
Sufficient for six servings.
More recipes here.