Fruit and Nut Stuffed Apples For Electric Skillet
A tasty sweet, after the main course.
- 4 large baking apples, Bramley, Granny Smith, or similar
- ½ cup diced mixed dried fruit
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch Hot water
- Mix diced fruit, pecans, sugar and melted butter in a small bowl and stand aside.
- Core apples to, but not completely through the bottoms then peel top one-third. Evenly fill the cavities in the apples with the fruit and pecan mixture.
- Place the stuffed apples in baking pan on rack* in skillet. Add 1″ (2.5cm) of hot water to skillet.
- Heat to 400°F (205°C) until water is boiling.
- Reduce heat to simmer, between warm and 200°F (95°C).
- Cook, covered, until apples are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and apple juice in small saucepan until smooth.
- Bring to boil, stirring frequently.
- Continue boiling until mixture thickens and is clear, stirring continuously. Pour over cooked apples.
*Use a small cooling rack. If necessary canning jar metal rings can be used in place of a rack.
More recipes here.