Garlic Asparagus Bundles for Electric Skillet
Try something different!
- ½lb (220g) asparagus spears (about 16 to 20 spears)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, and parsley in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut ends off zucchini, then cut length wise into strips, not more than 1/4 inch thick.
- Wrap 3 or 4 asparagus spears together in a bundle with a zucchini strip.
- Place bundles on rack* in Electric Skillet.
- Add 1 cup water to skillet and heat at 250°F (120°C).
- When water starts to boil, cover and steam for 4 to 5 minutes or until asparagus is fork tender.
- Drizzle reserved sauce over the bundles.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over the bundles.
Makes 4 to 5 servings
*Use a small cooling rack or wok steaming rack. If necessary metal rings or similar can be used in place of a rack.
More recipes here.