Roast Chicken with Almond Bread Stuffing for Electric Skillet
A different recipe for traditional roast chicken.
- 3lb to 3¼lb (1.36kg to 1.58kg) whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- ½ cup water
- Almond Bread Stuffing (see recipe below)
- Prepare chicken for cooking.
- Sprinkle the inside cavity with salt.
- Fill body and neck cavity with Almond Bread Stuffing.
- Secure opening with toothpicks or metal skewers.
- Tie legs together and wings to body with cooking string.
- Sprinkle chicken with paprika.
- Preheat electric skillet to 400°F (205°C).
- Add oil and brown the chicken on all sides.
- Turn heat control down until pilot light goes out.
- Turn chicken breast side up. Add water.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes per pound or until tender.
- If oil drippings in bottom of electric skillet start to scorch, add water as needed.
Almond Bread Stuffing
- 1 cup chicken bouillon
- 3 cups dried bread cubes
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- Salt and pepper
Mix the ingredients then spoon mixture into chicken.
More recipes here.