Roast Chicken with Spring Vegetables For Electric Skillet
- 3½lb (1.6kg) chicken, washed and dried
- ½lb (225g) snow peas
- ½lb (225g) asparagus spears
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon basil
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- Salt and coarse ground pepper
- Heat the skillet to 350°F (175°F).
- Sprinkle inside and outside of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add oil and chicken to skillet and cook until browned, turning every 4 or 5 minutes. Take out chicken.
- Add onion and cook at 300°F (150°C) until soft.
- Stir in garlic, basil and rosemary, cook for one more minute.
- Place rack into skillet and place chicken on the rack, breast side down.
- Add wine and chicken broth; cook at 400°F (205°C) until boiling.
- Turn down heat to simmer between 150°F (65°C) and 200°F (95°C) and cook, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Turn chicken over so that breast side is up.
- Continue cooking, covered, for another 25 minutes until chicken is tender. Check by piecing inside of thigh, to see juices are clear .
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Pour liquid from skillet and strain off the fat then return ¼ cup of liquid back to the skillet.
- Add snow peas and asparagus and cook at 300°F (150°C) for another 5 minutes until ready and almost all liquid has evaporated.
Sufficient for 4 to 6 servings
More recipes here.