Spicy Chicken Stir Fry for Electric Skillet
- 1¼lb (0.6kg) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into ¼” (6mm) slices
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, cut crosswise into very thin rings
- 4 green onions, cut into 3-inch lengths
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- Whisk stock, fish sauce, honey, ginger, and cornstarch in a small bowl. Stand aside.
- Preheat 11″ or 12″ electric skillet to 400°F (205°C). Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
- Add chicken; stir-fry until cooked through, usually about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to a clean bowl.
- Add remaining vegetable oil to skillet.
- Add peppers and stir-fry until just beginning to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add onion and stir-fry until just starting to wilt. Return chicken to skillet.
- Whisk the previously made sauce again and pour into skillet.
- Cook until sauce thickens, between 30 to 60 seconds.
- Spoon the cooked rice onto individual plates and top with stir-fry and sauce.
More recipes here.