Stir-Fry Chicken and Vegetable Pitas for Electric Skillet
- 1¼lb (0.57kg) chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 8oz (225g) mushrooms, cut into thin slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into thin slices
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into thin slices
- 4 pita rounds, heated
- 2 tablespoons stir-fry sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Preheat skillet to 400°F (205°C). Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil and 1 of sesame oil in the skillet.
- Add chicken and stir-fry for about 4 to 5 minutes until chicken is cooked.
- Remove chicken from skillet and reduce heat to 350°F (175°C).
- Add remaining sesame oil.
- Add onion and pepper and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and zucchini and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add ginger, stir-fry for another 30 seconds. Return chicken to skillet.
- Mix in stir-fry sauce and sesame seeds then cover and cook for 1 minute.
- Cut each pita round in half.
- Equally stuff with the chicken and vegetable mixture.
Makes 8 servings.
More recipes here.